Wednesday, February 02, 2005

WHO DIS?!?!?!?!

when i think about this weekend, the first thing that pops into my head, is my telephone greeting with #3 GA. "WHO DIS?!?!?!"

she has a client who answers his phone like that. not "hello".... not "this is joe".... not "speak"...

but "WHO DIS?!?!?!" of course WE yell it. so, if you ever are standing next to me while i answer the phone and yell, "WHO DIS?!?!?!" it's allie calling.


but back to my point (yay for the buzz from diet pills and energy drinks.... self-induced ADD)
i had intended on writing about packing up this shithole. and i prolly will get to it eventually, but i am REALLY excited about this weekend. i hate that its just a weekend. i wish it were, oh, say, a MONTH. in bora bora. ooh... i think i felt a tingle.

ok, back to the packing.

i just took out 2 huge bags of trash from JUST MY BEDROOM. why?
because my husband and i are PACK RATS. of professional magnitude.
among the items thrown away:
  • magazines from 2001
  • padded envelopes with eBay stuff still in them
  • a plastic albatross
  • a scruffy old baseball
  • remnants of yarn
  • cards upon cards that i never sent
  • cards upon cards that we have received
  • old bills
  • batteries
  • unmatched socks (because i threw out thier mate months ago)
  • a bag of catnip (?)
  • a bundle of ink pens

see. this is RIDICULOUS! no more! in our new place, i will make sure we THROW things away. when are we ever going to use movie stubs? empty altoids tins? a PLASTIC ALBATROSS?????

meanwhile, i still have to finish knitting an afghan.

wanna go ride bikes?

7 comments:

Katy said...

I can swim, wanna watch me?

I am the same way. Every couple of weeks or so I get trash happy and go through and am astounded at the crap I can find to throw away.

It's just crazy!

christelpistol said...

the albatross was from an inside joke between Husband and i.

think: location joke.




you had to BE there.

se7en said...

hmmmm you threw out the Altoids tins? eeep! oh ok then...

Miss Demon Seed said...

Mary, you threw away the Kentucky warming lotion? It's pretty damn cold here, I coulda used that! ;-)

Tasty said...

Christel, I say that you-had-to-be there jokes are "strictly geographical."

MissyMary, you don't need an albatross anyway, Grimace is enough of one for all of us to share! It's gonna take all of us to carry him, anyway.

Khali said...

Yes, yes I did bloglink your bro. I get a kick out of reading about other people's one-clown-short-of-a-circus customers.

christelpistol said...

we like to say someone is a "few mcnuggets short of a pizza"