Friday, February 25, 2005

D-U-N done.

yep. done. finished. completed.
perfected, satisfied, settled, sewed up, shut, stopped, terminated, through, tied up, worked out, and wrapped up.

D-U-N.

packing.
and working.


mom and i finished the packing around 4 yesterday. with only one "GODDAMMIT!" and only one thing thrown. i did get smacked (for being silly) and i actually got sent to my own room in my own house by my veryownpersonal momma.

AND she had the audacity to tell me i had too many shoes and i needed to "throw some out" ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???? you don't throw shoes away. especially the 50 pairs WE have. she even said to me , and i quote, "well, you can only wear 2 at a time anyway" just because we have 6 pairs of flip flops between us does NOT mean that's too many. right? am i right? please tell me i'm right.

but we did it. i guess that means we have to move now.
and actually, i don't think i will realize that we are moving until i see Husband. thats when its going to hit me.
yeah, not when i go pick up the truck, pack some of it up, or the fact that all my stuff is in boxes in the dining room. when i see him it will be "oh shit" time.

we are really doing this. we are really moving. honest and for true. BACK to texas. i never thought that would happen.

and i worked my last shift at the coffeehouse last night. it was like any other night. but i DID have some customers bring me gifties. YAY! presents are my favorite.
but there was no pomp. no circumstance. no balloons. no dancing bears. no fireworks. hell not even a card.
gee, nice to see that i made a bigger impression on the customers, than on the staff.
BUT to the Jackass's defense, he did have a huge tradeshow in chicago for which he left yesterday and was a little wound up about that. we had our Going Away, last friday. and we partied like RockStars. (i mean, DUH!)
and we got a little teary on wednesday when we said goodbye. but he called me after the Jimmy Buffett show screaming into my answering machine. so its good to know he was able to recover.

and now, to my point.
this is the last post from #3 SC.

the next one officially will be #3 TX.

we are going to party tonight, pack tomorrow and head em up, move em out on sunday. i think the coin is still in the air whether we are going through the mountains or through atlanta. you know if i had MY way, we would stop IN atlanta (and by that i mean, ALLIE'S house) and have breakfast. maybe i can leg wrestle the Husband into submission.

so, friends, lovers, bloggers, weirdos, numbers,

next time i write, i will be "home".

yay.


~cg

6 comments:

christelpistol said...

i will let everyone knwo how we are once we get this computer hooked back up. you know that in OUR house, it will be the first thing to be done.

Allie said...

atlanta atlanta atlanta ... stacey taught me how to make her "dirty eggs" and i have pumpkin and apple butter for the biscuits....hell - i'll even make MEAT for ya ... and we can have one more mug of coffee goddess coffee together before you leave me.

~and scene~

tinyhands said...

You might as well go through Atlanta, down 85 to 65 to 10 which would go through Houston...

Katy said...

You guys be careful and I am so happy you are getting your hubby back in your physical presence!

Love to you and prayers for a fast safe trip.

Allie said...

i already miss you. but i did leave a message on your cell phone - and eddie still sounds hot. so yay that - please please call me when you get there. i love you all that and then some.

christelpistol said...

what up BITCHES!!!!

we are HERE!