Saturday, February 19, 2005

it's ALIVE!!!

i have my truck back!!!!

i know i didn't finish my story about Atlanta with the Numbers. but the part about the truck goes like this:
my fabulous wonderful mommie drove herownself down to Atlanta on that monday to rescue me. we then drove back up to Commerce to talk to the man about my truck. he told us it was the transmission and it would cost $1000 to fix. we left, went to eat, and weighed our options.

  1. fix it. (with what extra money)
  2. see if he will take payments if he fixes it.
  3. see how much he will buy it for.
  4. rent a car until the move.
  5. use my truck as a trade for another car on their lot.

so we had several things on the table. we also had to wait for his partner, who ran the used car side, to come back from wherever. which was an hour and a half. so mom and i had an hour to kill in Commerce. i said, "let's go to the outlet stores." mom had a different idea. and we left Don's and headed to the right. and drove.. and drove and realized that there wasn't too much out that way, so we turned around in Crack Town. and drove back the way we came. and we drove and drove and drove. and talked and laughed and had a great time exploring.

when we got back, we talked to the partner and he would only give me $500 for the truck. its not worth it to me emotionally to sell my truck for $500. so, Husband calls and says, "fix it. we will deal with the money later."

so i leave my truck in Commerce. which is almost an hour and a half from where i live. and am told that it will be ready in a week.

later in the week, he calls to tell me that the transmission he got to replace it doesn't work right. so he now has to take the "newer" trans out and find another one. BUT he is going out if town on tuesday and wont be back until thursday and he will get to it on friday. so its now 2 weeks without my truck. i call on tuesday to see if they located a better trans. they had and it was on its way to don's shop.

i called don yesterday, because he was back in town and had probably put the new trans in. it hadn't even gotten there. and don had a Dr's appointment in Atlanta and would be back around 5. great. and he hoped the trans would be back by then.

i called at 4 and his daughter said that the new trans had gotten there an hour earlier, it had come from a WORKING vehicle and her dad would either put it in that night, or first thing this morning.

i got a call at 9:30 this morning from Dons daughter letting me know that i can come pick my truck up today. she said he drove it home and it was fine.

so, mom and i headed to Commerce at 11:30 and i was driving home by 2.

so, YAY i have my truck.

but the more wonderfuller part is the awesome mommie who drove all over the world to help me with my dilemma. thanks mom. you have been greater than i can ever tell you. i love you. wanna go for a ride in my truck?

3 comments:

christelpistol said...

LOOK, i'm a monkey and i can dance!!!

Allie said...

i'm glad you got your baby back. and come do the monkey dance for me - i'maneedit.

christelpistol said...

l*ol'a #3ky,

i will share my mommie with you anytime. she has PLENTY of love to share. i promise.