Tuesday, October 03, 2006
BUUUUUUT.. to my defense. i got lots of stuff going on. personally, workly, emotionally, hairly.
yeah. i said "workly" AND i said "hairly". what CHOO gonna do about it?
work is super. no for real. i really dig the people i work with. and i LOVE this time of year. its the beginning of the Holiday Season Drop. and by Drop i mean like a roller coaster... it all leads up to this part of the year. and then WHAM! it's january. and i find myself stunned and amazed at how quickly it all passed by. i try so hard to cling to the leaves changing colors, the crisp fall air, the outdoor festivals, allie saying "pumpkin butter" (which, at this time of year, she will do at least ONCE a phone call), gearing up for thanksgiving and a trip to south carolina, and then....CHRISTELMAS!!!! and then in 3 short months i will find myself weighing 10 pounds more. and trying to figure out where all the magic went. to quote allie yet again, "i love the 'Ber months". i wont lie.
so yeah. work is good.
and the hair. it's good too. don't tell my mom,
but i have bangs.
SHHHHHHHHH... don't squeal so loud, she'll hear you.
i decided that yesterday was the day. i was gonna do it and NOTHING was going to get in my way. i looked for pictures of what kind of bangs i wanted. i settled on Callie* bangs.
printed the picture. asked the boys at work their opinions, (useless by the way, they got all hot about the girl and not the hair.) got the call from my boss that said, "DO IT!" (she'd previously been opposed to the idea, but had a vision of me with the hair and changed her mind), grabbed angela and some hair magazines and off we went.
needless to say that i did NOT get Callie hair, but am thrilled with my Meredith* hair. and, of course, angela's hair is WAY ASS CUTE TOO!
*from Grey's Anatomy
it was time for a change. i got lots of changes happening. why not let some of them have an outward reflection?
and i came to a realization, sitting in traffic the other day. i have been struggling so hard to get BACK to the Christel i was. and it was like trying to fit into the clothes of a child. and the harder i tried, the less it worked. i don't need to get BACK to Christel, i can make my own new one. it was senseless to try to be something i was, when i am liking who i am becoming. i feel it. i feel her growing into something amazing. and everyday she peeks out a little bit more. i think she will be just as great...no, greater than the Christel i was.
so, hand in hand, the Christel that fits into those little clothes and the Christel who is still changing and growing will walk into the Great Unknown. i dont have to keep looking back at her and miss who she was. i can take her with me for the rest of the journey. she knows the secrets. she knows the song. she knows the dance. and she can still teach me a thing or two.
let's go, little one. we got a big bad world to take over.
Thursday, September 07, 2006
Thursday, August 24, 2006
where everything is jumbled together and upon further reflection you can pick pieces out that are obviously experiences, and other parts that are just filler to get all the thoughts out.
i had a night like that last night (errr... more accurately this morning)
i dreamt about (in no particular order or logic):
- the italian soccer team
- quail eggs
- scuba diving
- someone stealing my pen
- me accidentally stealing it back
- a co-worker owning his own family-based restaurant
- the very vivid logo for said restaurant
- being naked at the dinner table
- Preston Burke from Grey's Anatomy giving me a wad of money before he took me out to dinner.
- also being at dinner with very hot mexican men
- finding out later that they were all related (dammit)
- bringing a piece of furniture to Angela's house that came from the flooded apartment that cause mold to grow up her walls
- cleaning off the mold with day-old raisin bread and mild detergent
- feeling guilty about infesting Angela's house with mold
- wandering through a strange house to find the bathroom
- pretending to buy jewelry to avoid confrontation
- meeting and yelling at an ex co-worker's cousin
must have been the shrimp nachos.
Monday, August 07, 2006
in food service, when handling foods, employees are usually required to wear gloves. now these gloves are not to protect the employee. these gloves are to protect the person consuming the food. even the Department of Health refers to these gloves as "single-use". (yes, i have researched it, shut up)
it says, "except when washing fruits and vegetables, food employees shall avoid contact of exposed ready-to-eat food with their bare hands by use of suitable utensils such as deli tissue, spatulas, tongs, or SINGLE-USE gloves"
this does not mean wear the SAME gloves all day long.
case in point, i went to wal-mart the other day during my lunch break... i stopped by the deli to grab a lil something to snack on before i went back to work. the lady behind the counter did not put on new gloves. she adjusted her hair net, and proceeded to manually grab my food from the heating pans. when i asked her to use tongs, she just started gingerly picking up my food and putting it in the bag. i asked her to stop and put on new gloves at least. she changed A glove and then continued to fill the bag with the already "contaminated" food. when she realized that one of the items i had ordered wasn't so fresh, she offered to cook some more. at this point, she went back in the back, touching the door handle, opened the freezer, touching that door handle, put the chicken in the fryer, touching those buttons, went and opened a deli case to get out some ham, touching that handle, sliced the ham, wrapped it back up, and then using the same gloved hands, manually grabbed my chicken and put it in a bag.
at this point, me, being me was experiencing 2 emotions. rage and nausea.
i then went to complain about the whole thing to a manager. you never know who is in charge of what there... for all i knew i just tattled to the garden center diva.
and begrudgingly ate my germ infested lunch. i didn't have time to wait to get someone else get me food and didn't want to cause a scene.
cut to today. i took Roo to the vet to get his "walnut-ectomy" and on my way home, i stopped for breakfast tacos. i paid the lady and then i saw her, with one gloved hand using the utensil and her ungloved hand prying my tortillas apart and watched in horror as this woman who had touched money and been touching money all morning, make my breakfast. i wanted to hurl in the drive-thru. those of you who know me know how i feel about handling cash money. and the fact that i actually HAD cash money was shocking. but to feel the germs crawling on my hands after i handed it to her and then to have those same germs come back to me in my food was all that i could stand.
i was so angry and crazy at the time that instead of going back, i drove off. about half-way home i fished out the receipt and called the store. i told the guy what happened and that now i was going to have to throw my food away. i cant wrap my head around eating money food. and that its somehow different that the glove girl at wal-mart IS different to me. the crazy doesn't have rules... it just is.
i will call the Department of Health and "report" both occurrences. and trust me, if i could NOT be this way about food, i would give it away in a heartbeat. but the fact is, i can't. it is out of my control. it's a disorder. if i were able to control it, it would be called something different. like a phase, or that weird germ thing christel has.
so, i ask you, please, if you are IN food service and reading this, BE AWARE of what you touch. the gloves are there to protect me and everyone else from germs. not to protect you from the food.
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
i walked up to the window and asked for "seven tickets to Monster House, please?"
the lackey behind the glass says, "you know that's single seating ONLY, right?"
i ask, "can i not have seven tickets, then?"
he says, "you can have them, but you just so you know, you all wont be sitting together." (insert snide bratty 17-year-old face here)
i say, "that's fine. because i didn't ask for seating assignments, i ASKED for seven.... tickets... to.... Monster....House."
since when is it ok for people in customer service to automatically have attitude like that? and especially from someone who is almost half my age? what ever happened to "respect your elders"?
needless to say, we found 7 seats together. they were on the front row. and i had never sat on the front row before... it was kinda fun! not that i would like to do it again.... but the suck factor was definitely lower than expected.
i recommend it. and take 4 kids with you. no, for real.
Wednesday, July 05, 2006
it has a great message. it is beautifully arranged. and amos's voice is like chocolate.
i give you:
Keep it loose, Keep it tight
Well I walked over the bridge
Into the city where I live and
I saw my old landlord
Well we both said hello
There was no where else to go
Cause his rent I couldn’t afford
Well relationships change
Though I think it’s kind of strange how money makes a man grow
Ah, some people they claim if you get enough fame
You live over the rainbow
Over the rainbow
But the people on the street,
Out on buses or on feet
We all got the same blood flow
Oh in society every dollar got a deed
We all need a place that we can go and feel over the rainbow
Some times we forget what we got
And who we are and who we are not
I think we got a chance to make it right
Keep it loose
Keep it tight
Keep it tight
I’m in love with a girl who’s in love with the world
Though I can’t help but follow
Though I know someday she is bound to go away and stay over the rainbow
Got to learn how to let her go
Over the rainbow
But sometimes we forget who we got
Who they are and who they are not
There is so much more in love than black and white
Keep it loose child
You gotta keep tight
Keep it loose child
Keep it tight
Keep it tight
Keep it tight
Words & Music: Amos Lee©2004 Burning Harp Music
Thursday, June 29, 2006
lemme gush about The Roo for just a bit, yeah?
this boy is ADORDABLE. (yes, extra D for emphasis). sure, he antagonizes his sisters. sure he "makes biscuits" on my bare skin while i am sleeping. sure, he runs laps at ALL hours of the day. sure, he appears like he is being all sweet and cuddly, but really wants to claw at my hair.
but this is the part that SLAYS me.
ROO. LIKES. TO. SPOON.
no, i'm not lying.
when i am lying on my right side, he jumps up onto the bed, rubs his whole body against my chin and then lays down as close to me as possible. and lets me hold him close. and he just purrs and purrs and purrs.... for about 10 minutes. and then..... he's done.
until 5 minutes later and we repeat the process.
this morning i was sandwiched between the Roo and the Eddie. it was kinda sweet. the funny thing is Eddie has to lay his arm on my hip, because if it gets into Roo territory, Roo lets him know.
my funny family.
Sunday, June 25, 2006
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
but around here...it's gettin kinda warm. (or wurm as my mimi and i call it)
ima need someone to install a balcony and galvanized steel bucket filled with ice and beers at myveryownpersonal house.
i have the weekend off, so any time after noon would be super, thanks.
Friday, June 02, 2006
Nine is symbolized by the two triangles which are a symbol of male, fire, mountain and female, water, cave principles.
The lotus flower or 'Lien Hua' in Chinese, is regarded as a spiritual flower, with elegant beauty, a mystery that inspires a person taking root in muddy, murky water, the darkest of places, where he or she rises above to bloom beautiful, powerful on the surface.
The lotus inspires the person, that whenever faced with trouble, no matter how dark the waters may get, he or she will rise above and let the beautiful flower in them bloom as long as they have a pure and sincere heart.
and WHY am i telling you all of this?
this is how i spent part of my day...
(inside left ankle... and could this angle make my calf look BIGGER?)
Saturday, May 27, 2006
Thursday, May 25, 2006
Sunday, May 21, 2006
but THIS: LifeGem
FREAKS ME THE FUCK OUT!!!!
click on the link first.
if you can't access it, i will explain it.
as a memorial to their unique life.
as a symbol of your personal and precious bond.
Whether you've lost a loved one or simply want to celebrate your love, the LifeGem diamond provides a way to embrace your loved one’s memory day by day. The LifeGem® is the most unique and timeless tribute available for creating a testimony to their unique life. Your LifeGem memorial will offer comfort and support when and where you need it, and provide a lasting memory that endures just as a diamond does. Forever."
Sunday, May 14, 2006
it's like Gamer's Mecca.
Pasty DungeonMasters Expo.
it's like a Trekkie Convention, but without the Trekkies and with the COOL stuff like VIDEO GAMES!!!!! and computer dorks. and Draenii
it's a Nintendo, Playstation, X-Box, GameCube, Wii, PC ORGY!
oh yeah. i'm goin.
Thursday, May 11, 2006
Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Saturday, May 06, 2006
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
i owe you guys an apology. i suck.
but i realized part of it is that i don't want to use this medium to bitch about the stuff going on. i know, "it's MY blog, i can do what i want". but really, enough of you hear me bitch on a regular basis. do you really want to READ about it too?
so here is the laundry list of what's been going on.
- work is fine. (that's always nice, huh?)
- my mom is going in for some bionic eye surgery in about a week. (i am being nervous, she is being excited... it works better that way)
- eddie's dad has HAD surgery lately. he had kidney stones smashed to bits and some cancerous skin removed from his left shoulder. but he is repairing quite nicely, i hear. and he's kinda living with his girlfriend and her 3 kids. (don't get me started)
- my father got married on the 22nd. and it wasn't until the minister announced them "husband and wife" that i realized that not only was Ian getting step-siblings, but I AM TOO! (duh) and later on, during the reception, i realized that i got a step-mother in the deal too. (at least i'm cute... not so smart sometimes... i blame the wine.) we like her/them and i wish them a lifetime of bliss.
- my grandmother is in a nursing home now. (she has see-sawed between death and life for about a month now. we all think she has a truckload of unresolved shit to work out before she will finally let go. i just hope she can get it all worked out to go peacefully. i know she's tired.)
- did i mention that eddie FLEW US TO DALLAS? well, he has a friend who owns his own plane and he let eddie fly us from amarillo to wichita falls. (no, he didn't take off or land, but STILL)
- eddie and i are still on the fence about moving to albuquerque. (it could come down to the way the wind blows on a tuesday to get that figured out.)
- i've been on a Candida Detox diet for about 7 weeks. and so far, i've lost (and managed to keep off) 10 pounds. i cheated a little last week and had wendy's. MMMMMM... biggie fries. basically i can't have sugar, yeast, or anything fermented. (there's really a HUGE list of shit I! CAN'T! HAVE!) but i think i miss beer the most. and it's kinda a lifestyle change more than a diet... *sigh*
- our new kitten is the Cutest KittyBoy EVER. (no, i swear)
- i have spent a lot of time with my aunt and my cousins and have really enjoyed it. it's like we actually are a family again.. instead of "WOW, you got big"
and that's about it.
Friday, April 28, 2006
Thursday, April 27, 2006
and let me JUST tell you...
it was AMAZING and FABULOUS and BEAUTIFUL and MARVELOUS. i can i dentify with each of the characters and realized that, in my life, i had made a LOT of the words the women made. no, literally. ver batim.
you need to go see it, RIGHT NOW!
i will wait here while you go.
Thursday, April 20, 2006
2. Single or Taken: taken
3. Sex: female
4. Siblings: 1 older sister, 2 younger brothers.
5. Eye color: ba-loo
6. Shoe size: 11 (go ahead, make the skis jokes....)
7. Height: 5' 8.5"
8. Innie or Outie: innie
9. What are you wearing right now? pj's
10.Where do you live? amarillo, tx
Where did 11 go?? to hell
12. Can you make a dollar in change right now: prolly some way, in this house
13. Do you have a BF or GF: you mean besides Taylor Hicks, Vin Diesel, Chris Isaak, Ben Affleck, Jason LaRue, Kevin Spacey, John Cusack, Andy Pettitte, Matthew McConaughey, Orlando Bloom, Johnny Depp... shall i go on?
14. Did you send this to your crush? only if my crush reads this...
15. Best place to go for a date? :somewhere 'mantical
1. Kind of pants: pj's
2. Number: 3
3. Boys Name: sean, aidan, tiernan,
4. Girls Name: celia, grace, liadan
5. Animal: bunny rabbit
6. Drinks: coffee, beer, rum, scotch, red wines
7. Month: october
8. Juice: pineapple
9. Breakfast: bean and bacon omelet with extra green sauce
10. Cartoon character(s): spongebob squarepants
Have You Ever..
1. Given anyone a bath?: sure
2. Smoked? i even quit!
3. Bungee Jumped? yeah.... nuh-uh
4. Made yourself throw-up?: i suck at that skill
5. Gone skinny dipping: not yet
6. Put your tongue on a frozen pole: No...Duh. I've seen A Christmas Story (ditto, ang)
7. Loved someone so much it made you cry?: still
8. Broken a bone: my toe when i was drrrrrrrunk
9. Played truth or dare: do strip dice count?
10. Been in a police car: yep. stupid mike and his stupit POT
11. Been on a plane: DUR
12. Came close to dying: only of embarrassment (again, ditto)
13. Been in a sauna: ewww...
14. Been in a hot tub: yes
15. Swam in the ocean: lots of em...
17. Ran away?: sure did, with an empty suitcase. i think i was 9.
18. Broken someone's heart: didn't mean to, if i did.
19. Cried when someone died: what sort of heartless bastard doesn't?
20. Cried in school: are you new?
21. Fell off your chair: in 2nd grade. and HURT myself BADLY!
22. Sat by the phone all night waiting for someone to call: Night? Thats for losers....I'm hardcore. I'd wait all DAY AND night...(this answer is too good to erase!)
23. Saved any IM convos: nope
24. Saved emails: uh-huh
25. Made out with/kissed just a friend?: i'm an equal opportunity kisser
26. Used someone: define "used"
1. Your good luck charm?: my celtic trinity
2. One Best song you ever heard: into the mystic
3. What's your room like: fuctional... a bed, 2 dressers, a kickass coffeetable, a tv and usually all 3 kids on the bed
4. What is beside you?: my husband, on the couch
5. The last thing you ate?: tacos
6. What kind of shampoo do you use? paul mitchell super skinny (i think i should be drinking it too?)
1. Chicken pox: and the scars to prove it
2. Sore Throat: who didn't?
3. Stitches: yes.... thanks, emily.
4. Broken nose: it's too little to BE broken
1. Believe in love at first sight: it's possible
2. Like picnics: it's the ants i don't like
3. Liked school: i guess
1. What schools have you gone to: k-12 and massage therapy school and 3 years at a technical college
2.Who was the last person you called: mac
3. Who was the last person you slow danced with: eddie
4. Who did you last dirty dance with: i think it was eddie
1. Did you last yell at: rooney, he pooped on the floor
2. Broke your heart: which time?
3. Told you they loved you: eddie
4. loudest friend? that would be the Allie Pants
1. Do you like filling these out: yeah, but this one... holy monkey, are we done yet?
2. Do you wear contact lenses or glasses: bof'um
3. Do you like yourself: have you MET me? i'm FABULOUS!
4. Do you get along with your family: a'course
1. What are you listening to right now?: me typing and the Reds game
2. What did you do yesterday?: work, manicure, asleep on the couch by 11:30
3. Gotten any awards: i'm what they call an "over-acheiver"
4. What car do you wish to have?: a silver porsche cabriolet
5. Where do you want to get married?: hope i don't have to do that again...
6. Good driver?: oh yeah
7. Good singer?: i'm not quite American idol caliber anymore, but i can kick some ass at karaoke!
9. How many remote controls are in your house: 3
10. What do you dream about?: happiness, beaches, my own coffee roasting business
11. When you last showered: this morning
12. Scary or Funny Movies: funny
13. Chocolate or Vanilla: chocolate
14. Root beer or Dr. Pepper: root beer
15. Skiing or SnowBoarding: neither
16. Summer or winter?: fall
17. Silver or Gold?: silver
18. Sprite or 7up: whats it mixed with? (and AGAIN with the ditto)
19. Coffee or tea: what's tea?
20. Phone or in person: in person
21. Are you oldest, middle, youngest: old middle
22. Indoor or outdoor: if by "outdoor" you mean tropical island...
23. Diamond or pearl: diamond
Today did you:
1. Talk to someone you like: i kinda like him...
2. bought something? i bought lunch...
3. Get sick: heartsick
4. Sang: always
5. Talked to an ex: no
6. Miss someone: oh yeah
7. Work out: not today
Last person who....
1. Was in your bed: me and hubby and 3 cats
2. Saw you cry: mac
3. Made you cry: my life
4. Went to the movies with: mac
5.Went to the mall: mac
6. Said "I Love You" and meant it: eddie
7. You Hugged: eddie
8. Kissed you: eddie
1. Ever been in a fight with your pet: yes, have you ever tried to give a cat a bath, or medicine?
2. Been to California: not yet
3. Been to Mexico: not yet
4. Been to Canada: don't wanna
5. Been to Europe: sure have
1. Do you have a crush on someone: DUR, but don't ask me to narrow it down to just one.
2. What book are you reading now? the last harry potter, blue coyote, salmon of doubt, in her shoes, mermaid chair, mars and venus, dress your family in denim and courderouy (i have em stashed everywhere)
3. Best feeling in the world: being in love
4. Future KIDS names: depends on the FUTURE...
6. Whats under your bed: a suitcase and cat fur
7. Favorite sports to watch: baseball
8. Piercing/Tattoos: ears and nose pierced, 3 tattoos
10. Who do you really hate?: my first step-father
11. Have you ever liked someone you didn't have a chance with: are you familiar with a little something called "high school"?
12. Have you ever cried: uhhhhh, DUH!
13. Are you lonely right now? define "lonely"
14. Song that's stuck in your head right now: for once it's NOT "sugar we are going down"
15. Have you ever played strip poker: see also "strip dice"
16. Have you ever gotten beat up: not physically
17. Have you ever been on radio/TV: yes
20. Last person you talked to on the phone?: mac
21. Your Favorite Food?: chickenandfries
23. Popcorn flavor? i need my kernels to be DROWNING in buttah
24. Cats or Dogs: see also: "3 cats"
26. How many pillows do you sleep with: 1
27. Who are you missing right now? neither you, nor i have time for THAT list
28. Who do you think is handsome?: my husband
29. Who do you think is beautiful?: me, on the inside
30. What is the most important Character trait? humor
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
yes, ladies and germs... due to all of your crossing of fingers, toes, and various other body parts,
WE GET TO KEEP HIM!
Rooney Callahan can stay.
E had no say after he saw the picture with the remote. it was pretty much decided. it really was up to the Other KittyGirls in the house. we had a family meeting and the girls agreed they would not eat him. and he agreed that he would not pull their tails. and all was good.
so we are now, OFFICIALLY, "Those People" with the 3 cats.
Saturday, April 15, 2006
i found out their website is up and running.
go here for CHAOS!!!
tell em the RockStar sent ya!
Monday, April 10, 2006
one day at work, before he retrieves his cat, he gets a call from his mother. she tells him that she saw his new cat, Maggie, with another cat and she thinks she "got him away from her soon enough" as in... they were doing the Kitty Nasty.
a day or so later, she tells him that he will probably need to give her a good brushing since she hasn't been able to do it lately.
then later in the day she called back to tell him he might want to get a flea collar since she had been outside.
so Mac was very excited about his new "mangy, flea-bitten, knocked-up cat"
but when he got her, it wasn't as terrible as it seemed. but we found out weeks later, that she was, indeed, knocked-up.
now, my friend Mac lives in an apartment that he has beautifully decorated. and since this was also his first cat, he realized, "he was NOT equipped for kittens" so he sent maggie BACK to the country to have her litter right around the time she was ready to BURST! poor girl looked SO miserable.
so we were on Kitten Watch '06. all of us at work anxiously awaited the news of kittens. one girl we work with wanted one for her 6 year old daughter. and i was hoping there would be an orange boy to bring home to my family too. and even when i brought it up to my dear husband, he shot the idea down time and time again.
and then she went and had an orange one.
and we got pictures. and my heart was broken. and we waited 6 weeks for Maggie and her kittens to come home. Mac brought one back for the girl we work with. one back for a a guy we know to give to his sister and then the orange one and the grey one.
but he couldn't keep all the kittens in his apartment while he waited for them to be "adopted" so he asked if i would take one of the ones that wasn't spoken for for a week. i said, "yes, the orange one, right?" and so the deal was done.
now i hadn't told E about this transaction so yesterday when i came home from work with a cardboard box that was making tiny kitten noises, he was surprised, to say the least. first he was a little upset. and IMMEDIATELY said no. and then i told him it was only for a week and he rolled his eyes... and said OK. and i knew i might have my foot in the door when he got online to do research on how to introduce the kitten to our 2 kitty girls. and then he sent me to the store for kitten food, litter, food bowls, and a toy.
he then sat on the couch and watched the Master's with a sleeping kitten on his lap. (SCORE!)
i even heard him say, "too bad you are so fucking adorable!"
and he posted on his messageboards about good ways to handle the introductions... and then he posted pictures of him. hope E doesn't get too attached........
but here is the latest addition to our household.
i give you Rooney Callahan:
Rooney is scottish for red-haired
and about 8 of you can figure out the Callahan part.
and yes, we named him. he was Rooney Callahan before he was even born. we are those weird types who come up with pet names and then wait for that animal to come into our lives when they are supposed to. like Simon was Simon before we ever laid eyes on him. and E wants weimeraners named Fellas and Savannah. and i am still waiting for my english bulldog to name Agatha. they just haven't all been borned yet.
cross your fingers that we get to keep him for more than a week.
Thursday, April 06, 2006
my friend just bought me a 4-pak of Coke BLAK. being a very enthusiastic coffee drinker, i was EXTREMELY excited to finally have a bottle of your newest product in my hands. as i was about to take the first sip, something prompted me to read the ingredients.
and i am very glad i did.
water...sugar...high fructose corn syrup.... etc. and the last 2 ingredients: aspartame and acesulfame potassium.
when a drink already has the high fructose corn syrup WHY add the artificial sweeteners? especially the ones that do the MOST damage. AND where is your PHENYLALANINE warning? oh, yeah, there isn't one.
so. i put the cap back on and threw the 4-pak in the trash. kudos on making money off my friend and most assuredly countless others, but this was a pretty dumb idea.
are you getting monetary compensation from the "poison" companies? i.e. the makers of aspartame and acesulfame k? is THAT why you put their poisons in your drinks that don't need them?
i am ashamed of you and for you, Coca Cola.
too bad i am posting this on my highly read blog too.
(sent via email on the coca-cola contact us form)
Wednesday, April 05, 2006
those damned quiz things are right...
|Your Life Path Number is 1|
Your purpose in life is to lead others.
You have great drive and determination. Nothing is going to stand in your way.
You seek out challenges and the spotlight. You'll take all the work - and all the glory.
Status and success are important to you. You demand the best from everyone and everything.
In love, you tend to take a protective role. You enjoy being the provider in relationships.
You expect others to be like you, and as a result, you are often disappointed.
A little selfish and vain, you always put yourself first.
Remember, everyone already knows you're great - you don't need to remind them!
|Your Birthdate: December 3|
You are more than a big ball of energy - you are a big ball of hyper.
You are always on the go, but you don't have a type a personality.
Instead of channeling your energy into work, you instead go for fun and adventure.
Witty and verbal, you can have an interesting conversation with anyone.
Your strength: Your larger than life imagination
Your weakness: You tend to be pretty scattered
Your power color: Lime
Your power symbol: Lightening bolt
Your power month: March
Friday, March 31, 2006
"i don't get it."
"don't get what?"
"and the Angry Inch?"
"i LOVE it."
"i know.. and i feel like less of a Number because i don't get it. i mean i GOT Life Aquatic.. but this.. this i don't get."
"yeah i DIDN'T get Life Aquatic... but Hedwig... i loved the music.. the lyrics, you know.. and if nothing else, the FABULOUS makeup"
"eddie chalked it up to never smoking pot, that's why he didn't get Life Aquatic"
"yeah that must be my reason too..."
"but Hedwig....granted i've only watched about 11 minutes of it, but i just don't get it."
"you should call Tasty, she's the one who told me about it."
"TASTY???? shut the fuck up!"
"ima give it about 13 more minutes... and then ima watch the rest of the first season of Grey's Anatomy... i just don't get this... "
"ok loving you"
yeah i didn't even make it through 13 more minutes of it. and i usually like abstract movies like that.... i just didn't get it.
BUT i will agree about the makeup.
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Saturday, March 18, 2006
Friday, March 10, 2006
she started feeling poorly after my mom left dallas, last weekend. and i got a call from my mom that she was rushed to the hospital last night because she wasn't breathing on her own. now she has emphysema already and is tethered to an oxygen machine all the time anyway... but this not breathing thing freaks me out. her doctors say they other than not breathing on her own, there is NOTHING else wrong with her. BUT.... breathing is pretty essential.
yeah. i'm worried.
i'm not ready for my Mimi to go yet. that old bird has LOTS of livin left to do. and i'll kick her georgia peach ass if she thinks differently.
so, could you spare some healthy breathe-y lung juju and send it her way?
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
my mom and brother were here this weekend and we had the BEST time. they came in on Saturday and we ate BBQ and watched movies. on sunday, we got up and watched MORE movies and the baby brother was getting antsy about getting his tattoo. see, he decided long ago that he wanted one, and i was supposed to go with him to get it before i moved. but that didn't happen. so, i promised him that i would get him one for his 21st birthday, which was February 22nd. and a good sister sticks to her word...
i'd heard of a place that a friend had gotten some work done and we called them and they were booked. we called another place where i got my new nose ring.. and decided that sounded like a good place.
have one antsy, nervous brother
have one mother who "isn't going to SIT IN THERE and watch comeone do that to HER baby"
have one husband who is over exaggerating the tattooing process
have one Christel who is trying to wrangle all parties to Sugar Daddy's before 3 pm.
we talked to the guy... he drew some stuff... we conversed and changed....
some more shading.
THE FINISHED PRODUCT.
i got this same tattoo about 9 years ago, also at the age of 21. it was from a necklace that i wore for years. it is a james avery design and it is a trinity symbol. when Z's father died, it was just me, and mom, and Z. and throughout my life i found myself in various groupings of 3s.
(see how the Number thing all falls into place, too?)
E has 2 of them on his forearm as well. they are the end pieces to a bigger celtic design.
it all comes full circle.
p.s. i miss you guys already. :(
Thursday, March 02, 2006
off the new CD: For Me it's You... this one is quickly moving up my list...
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
what do you think the Numbers are?
but according to this quiz: Which Polyhedral Are You??
Thursday, February 23, 2006
Monday, February 20, 2006
why am i telling you this?
A) i've never been
B) i'm 30! (shut up, i said it.)
C) i've NEVER been
D) i promised the boy i would this year.
E) i've never BEEN
F) it's prolly a good idea to go and make sure that i really have all the right parts in there if we ever decide to get with it and have children (i'm still considering out-sourcing, dear)
G) did i mention I'VE NEVER BEEN?!?!?!
so. yeah. i am TERRIFIED. i don't wanna go. i know i need to go, but i don't wanna. AND... i want my mommie there to hold my hand too. how horrible is THAT? i'm 30-fucking-years-old and i still want my mommie there to hold my hand while some man looks at places i don't think you are supposed to even look at. if you were, then it shouldn't require special instruments to do so and it CERTAINLY should be easier to get to. you know, like behind my ear or something less embarrasing. literally emBARE-ASSing.
and they are going to draw blood. peachy. she of the rolling veins. and i bet they wanna WEIGH me too. the bastards. they really know how to ruin a day off. ya know?
so yeah. i'm going. despite the child in me who wants to pretend that there's no need to, i'm going.
wish me luck...
and please send up thoughts of warm speculums and glittery girl parts.
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
so, now to the REAL post for today.
remember in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, when Hermione says, "Is that really what my hair looks like from the back?"
i had a Hermione moment today.
i went to "shopping establishment that has a BULLSEYE logo" on my lunch hour today, looking for some more work pants.
i picked 4 cute pair and traipsed my happy self to the dressing rooms.
this is where the laws of physics come into play.
apparently the communist sickos that own said "BullsEye" store have rigged a way that if one stands at exactly the right angle, ONE CAN SEE WHAT ONE'S OWN ASS LOOKS LIKE.
now for some people, like Jenny McCarthy and 10 year old girls, this would be something fascinating and gratifying. for the rest of the world this can be a HORRIFYING experience.
and by, "rest of the world," i mean ME.
i saw it.
in all it's glory.
that which is flawed and wobbly.
in 3D cinemascope.
and let me just tell you, this trick of physics should NEVER EVER be tested. trust me.
certain things should not test those laws. THIS... and size 24 red leather pants. Red Leather Pants should just not come in certain sizes. and if you have found yourself a proud owner of said pants, please, for all of humanity, DO NOT WEAR THEM OUTSIDE*. also for your sake, do not go into a "BullsEye" dressing room.
i have risked that danger and peril for you.
i know, i'm a giver.
needless to say, i left the store with no pants ... and an ass i choose NOT to ever see again. too bad i can't get a refund for that.
*no offense to anyone size 24 or above. i'm just sayin that certain body shapes don't jive with leather. mine included, lately.
Wednesday, February 08, 2006
Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place.
Then add your blog to the bottom slot.
- Sara with No H
- Just Thoughts
- I Am Prepared to Give Up at Any Time
- So Much Myself (co-starring the bandwagon.)
- 3 gallons of coffee and nowhere to go
Next, select five people to tag.
What were you doing 5 years ago? being miserable that my boyfriend was in Japan and Australia until july. working for a wireless phone company. living in SC.
What were you doing 1 year ago? packing to move to amarillo, getting stranded on my way to The Numbers Summit. "Let's do that again. Tomorrow." (ditto, Tasty!) oh and being an anxious nervous wreck. and an ogre on top of that.
Here's to the ultimate luxury: choice.
Five snacks you enjoy:
- my mom's artichoke dip
- Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce (i'm addicted to this stuff)
- angela's salsa
- anything with garlic and cheese
Five songs you know all the words to:
- into the mystic, van morrison
- baby's got back, sir mix-a-lot
- lime in the coconut, kermit the frog version
- spongebob squarepants theme
- damned near any indigo girls song
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
- buy a green dress, but not a real green dress, that's cruel
- be debtless
- own a coffee roasting business (if not a plantation, too!)
- VACAY in Bora Bora for the Numbers
- charities charities charities
Five bad habits:
- making fun of dumb people
- always needing to be right
- sending people to voicemail
- leaping before looking
- procrastination... procrastination....procrastination....
Five things you enjoy doing:
- goofing around with E
- playing WoW
- going to a baseball game
Five things you would never wear again:
- gaucho pants
- anything with a cartoon character on it
- anything with "puff paint"
- a size 8
- white shoes
Five favorite toys/games:
- World of Warcrack
- trivial pursuit
- drUnkEn UnO
- our new speedy computer
- hopefully my new SLVR *sigh*
ok... WHO'S next?
like the one she wrote about the Senseo coffee maker. i absolutely get that!
ask E about my cobalt blue mixer obsession.
so i have wanted a few things of late, you know, the running list... english bulldog, porsche 911 turbo cabriolet, my own island. you know, THAT list.
but i have a small list as well, usually silly things that i could buy for myself. a few weeks ago it was a striped canvas shower curtain. prior to that it was a set of black dishes, and before that it was a fossil watch.
oh i yearn.
i want! i want! i want!
i need to have it.
for those of you who may not know what it is, it's Motorola's new phone called SLVR. (thin as a sliver, you see....)
it's a phone and it's an iPod. yes, i know they came out with one before. but i want THIS one.
i could have Into the Mystic and Thunderstruck at! my! fingertips!
ANY! TIME! I! WANTED!
yes, yes, i am aware of the thing called iPod. but the one we get will be E's. (he needs more songs, i can get by with 100)
BUT I WANT IT!!!!!
I NEED IT!!!!
I PINE FOR IT!!!!!
I DESIRE IT!!!!
I ACHE FOR IT!!!!!
and for the low low bargain prcie of $200 it could be mine.
Friday, February 03, 2006
it's been pretty bad. at the slightest push, i could let forth a torrent of tears to rival Niagara Falls. and THAT'S never pretty.
when an episode of M*A*S*H prompts the BAD cry... you know something's up. (p.s. E grounded me from M*A*S*H for a week because of it)
but today, a beacon of light... someone commented on Tex's blog about Venus in retrograde. and of course i had to go see what all that affects. (or is it effects?)
and according to astrology.com
- In general, Venus, the goddess of love, rules feelings and emotion, aesthetics and tastes, fashions and all forms of desire, money and wealth. Venus rules social attitudes and behaviour, along with aesthetic tastes and inclinations. Venus symbolises female relationships and social interactions at every level. Venus indicates our values. She governs romance, marriage and other partnerships, capacity for humour, and the pursuit of pleasure.
- During a retrograde period the things Venus influences will be less apparent, or be of less concern to the world. Visual sensibilities are reduced. People dress with less flair and our colour sense tends to be muted. This is not the time to purchase clothes or jewellery, change one's make-up or hairstyle. Redecorating or refurbishing homes or business should also be avoided, though there is no reason why decisions that have been made earlier should not be allowed to come to fruition during this period.
- With Venus retrograde, the pace of relationships slows down and this is not the best time to get married or give big parties. Since Venus rules diplomacy, slowdowns in all sorts of negotiations can be expected, including industrial disputes, legal issues and diplomatic endeavours.
- It is a time when we are called upon to go back and take care of unfinished business. Often we are forced to deal with deep feelings that have their origins in past events. They are activated on an inner level but are often difficult to express to ourselves or others while Venus is retrograde.
that explains a lot. so i called E to let him know that there was an actual reason for my funk. and he sounded like he was as relieved as i was, but was using his "whatever you say, Moon-Child" voice.
i don't care what he thinks. i feel better knowing its not a chemical imbalance, or that my crazy is showing again.
oh, and heads up... Mercury goes into retrograde on March 2. look out!
Tuesday, January 31, 2006
- sump = something (my baby brother started this one, he was a little deaf when he was born and couldn't hear to emulate the english language)
- unna one = the other one or something different (used in a general sort of way)
- unna one kind = the other one (used in a more specific manner)
- itty bitty baby one kind = small (note the use of 5 words to describe 1)
- christelmas = christmas
- forwent = past tense of 'forgo'
- chilly brew ha ha's = beers (thanks to daniel)
- haggamers = hamburgers
- toilee pinter = toilet paper
- ellelator = elevator
- shlellows = marshmallows
- fancy kind = unusual
- strawgabiggies = strawberries
- neenut putter = peanut butter
- smashed tatatoes = mashed potatoes
- co-hee = coffee
- war-tow = water tower
- charlie foxtrot = cluster fuck
- "SHUT UP!!!!" = "no way", "you're kidding", "that's amazing", " get out!", "WOW!"
- "WHO DIS?!?!?!" = "hello"
- "not knowin" = "i dont know"
- "no gotty" = "i dont have it"
- "what do?" = "what are you doing?"
- "where go?" = "where are you going?"
OH and almost every noun is pluralized,
- i put some sugarS in my co-heeS.
- milkS in my cerealS.
- i want chickenS for the dinnerS.
ok so i guess its really just anything pertaining to food that gets pluralized.
and everyone gets a "The"
- THE mommie
- THE daddy
- THE tistel-girl
- THE charlie dog
- THE boy
- THE me
now, go forth and confuse the shit outta people with your new language! YAY!!!!!
Saturday, January 21, 2006
Monday, January 16, 2006
Saturday, January 14, 2006
so i dug through the dresser drawer that houses items of the inspirational variety. a drawer that OBVIOUSLY doesn't get used often... i mean SERIOUSLY, how often can you wear the Naughty Nurse outfit before it gets old?
i keed... i keed.
but back to my story.
i put on one thing... and it's too much. i put on another thing... and it's not enough.... i put on another and it's not what i was looking for. it was like Goldilocks Gone BAD!
i decided to scrap the idea and opted for the regular old PJ's, remembering that E mentioned being tired earlier in the evening. so, i figured my naughtiness would have been received well, but would have been more like Dress-Up, than my original intentions.
so shortly after, i started sneezing. and then my eyes got all scratchy. and my neck was all itchy. and i was all manner of finding myself in a full-blown allergy attack.
yes, i will admit it. my naughty items had not been used in SO long that they were DUSTY. no lie. and as we all know, i am allergic to dust.
you can see where this is going right?
had i stayed with my original game plan, E would have come home to a sexily dressed wife with watery, swollen eyes, a runny nose, and scratch marks all over her neck in a benadryl induced coma.
and THIS is why i should only do nude scenes.
Thursday, January 12, 2006
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
Favorite Color: purple
Favorite Food: italian or comfort
Favorite Band/Singer: van morrison
Favorite Hobby: knitting
Favorite Movie: auntie mame
Favorite Sport: baseball
Favorite Season: fall
Favorite Day of the Week: friday
Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: one sweet whirled
Favorite Time of Day: morning
Current Mood: in love
Current Clothes: blue sweater, black slacks, argyle knee highs, and stupid work shoes
Current Underwear Color: orange with red and yellow dots
Current Desktop Picture: work related
Current Nail Color: nails: french manicure.... toes: eggplant frost (the OFFICIAL color of the 3s)
Current Time: 4:42 pm
Current Surroundings: office
Current Annoyances: foot pain, i need new work shoes
Current Thoughts: that healthy little lunch didn't last real long
First Best Friend: heather
First Screen Name: wondergirl29
First Pet: beagle: snoopy
First Tattoo: celtic trinity on left ankle
First Crush: chris flynn
Music Group: pointer sisters
First Car: 1985 powder blue honda sedan: Marge
Last Cigarette: who knows...its been a long while and i was probably so drunk that i took a few drags and put it out.
Last Drink: beer on sunday with dinner with E
LastTime on Drugs: the only acid i drop these days is Folic
Last Kiss: this morning...kinda morning breathy though
Last Movie Watched: mystery, alaska on sunday
Last CD Played: michael tolcher... sent by Ang for my birthday
Have you ever dated one of your best friends? define "date"
Have you ever broken the law? sure
Have you ever been arrested? nuh-uh
Have you ever skinny dipped? not yet
Have you ever been on television? yep
Have you ever kissed someone you didn’t know? how else are you going to "know" them?
5 Places You’ve Been…
hell and back
4 People You Can Tell Anything To…
3 things you can hear right now: crappy muzak, me clicking away at the keyboard, and co-workers laughing
3 things you can’t live without: love, coffee, bacon
3 things you do when you’re bored: play video games, knit, eat
Black or white: black
Hot or cold: hot
1 Thing You Want To Do Before You Die…leave a great legacy
Thursday, January 05, 2006
Monday, January 02, 2006
"this little piggie went to market, this little piggie loves you lots. this little piggie ate ... ham... or something..."
"HAM? the PIGGIE ate HAM?"
"they are cannibalistic piggies."
"what are they? BOARS? are you trying to tell me that because my feet are so big, my piggies are now considered BOARS with giant scary tusksksksksks?"
"what was that last word?"
"oh right. i thought i caught that"
"stop trying to change the subject. you think i have BOARS for toes. huge, truffle-sniffing, man-killing cannibalistic BOARS!"
(at this point he is crying from laughter. and trying to still have this very serious conversation with me and i have tucked my feet under me, so the next man they kill isn't him.)
later on, he tried to play with my feet and i snapped back at him with,
"LEAVE MY BOARS ALONE"
"oh yeah, THAT'S gonna stick."