Thursday, September 16, 2004

yep, its my turn for a list

several of my friends have posted lists of their favorite things, things people should know about them, things they want to do before they die, things they hate, pet peeves, etc.... you get the point. i have decided its MY turn. that way my friends and family can reference some of them for great gift giving ideas. you know, when i am sitting on santa's lap in december and he asks, "what can i get for you little girl, and aren't you just as light as a feather." and i say, "a trip to bora bora with 30 of my best friends, and thank you for noticing" sure, santa can make that fit in my stocking, right? so here goes.

here is my things to do before i am 100 list.
  1. have kids
  2. have grandkids
  3. see van morrison in concert in belfast, ireland (from about 3 feet away) and then meet him
  4. dance in the street, with my husband, in every foreign city we visit
  5. visit peru
  6. visit morocco
  7. visit greece
  8. go back to england and scotland
  9. learn to SCUBA dive
  10. buy my mother diamonds
  11. spend a month in bora bora with every single one of my girlfriends
  12. own my own coffee plantation in costa rica or guatemala
  13. own a silver porsche 911 turbo cabriolet
  14. gaze at a star filled sky in the middle of the mediterranean ocean
  15. catch lightning bugs with my children
  16. donate as much money or time to any charity i desire
  17. see the indigo girls in athens, ga with jenny
  18. see rod stewart with angela
  19. write a book
  20. learn how to throw pottery
  21. learn to blow glass
  22. get another tattoo
  23. send my parents on vacation
  24. go to one of my brother's football games
  25. go on another cruise
  26. adopt a child
  27. learn to play guitar
  28. learn to play cello
  29. teach a child something only i know how to do
  30. spend a summer touring every major league ballpark
  31. throw a BASH
  32. pick my husband up from an airport wearing nothing but a trenchcoat and heels
  33. take a beach trip with donna
  34. learn to salsa dance
  35. make a signature dessert
  36. serve at a soup kitchen
  37. have one truly fearless day
  38. play dress up with my grandmother again
  39. have a family reunion
  40. send my husband, mother, dad, and father to pebble beach to golf
  41. have my own line of nail polish called StarWonder
  42. build a hammock for 3 and lay in it with allie and lauren (have cable installed, as well)
  43. have lunch with julia roberts
  44. drive as fast as i want on an open road
  45. live up to my mother-in-law's legacy
  46. change a stranger's life for the better
  47. afford a *real* hair conditioner addiction
  48. buy 50 of the biggest christmas trees and give them to families without them
  49. plant a tree in honor of my family members who are no longer with us
  50. give my daughter(s) the wedding of her dreams

i think i will stop here. i will add to this list whenever i see fit. check back often, in case i think of something crazy that i HAVE to do.


2 comments:

Miss Demon Seed said...

I thought of something you might like to do.

See aerosmith with Gayan. ;-)

christelpistol said...

i will make sure that i add yours to the next 50, WB and allie, that leaves plenty more room for stuff to do with you, too.