Wednesday, September 15, 2004

head, shoulders, knees, and toes

all right. i think i am done sulking. there are no more tears to cry. today.

and i just got off the phone with one of my very best friends and she made it all better. i mean, hell, you can't be upset with your life when you are on the phone with a woman who has 4 children. under the age of 10. let me break it down: a 9 year old, a 5 year old, a 3 year old and a 7 month old. HOLY SHIT. yes, i tell her she's crazy about as many times as i blink. but she makes it work. and it makes her happy. and her kids are happy. even though her 3 year old told her that the song and dance to "head, shoulders, knees, and toes" was "DUMB" that was a humbling experience. she told me that somewhere between year 1 and year 3, that song lost ALL cool points. so take note of that if you decide to sing that song to a room full of kids. you might get an unruly audience.

so yeah, that will bring you out of a funk. considering a had a breakdown driving across town earlier in the day. i mean i was a snotty, teary, hicuppy, road raged kind of mess. but i think i am ok now. i miss my kitties. i miss my husband. and people can't drive. good reasons to cry, no?

but here are my meaningful things:
#1 i spent yesterday celebrating a friend's birthday with food, shopping, food, laughing, shopping and more laughing.
#2 i went over to my mom's house and we ate chinese and had quality time. we even made a few purses too.
#3 i got to talk to my grandmother and make her laugh... the good deep belly kind. i think i may have even snorted. i KNOW i guffawed.

so i am going to work on more purses. and perhaps my business cards. i already have one bag on hold for a lady. just wait till the world gets a peek at em.
yay me.

on a different note, is it weird that i told our other 2 cats that simon wasn't coming home? it was kinda like the "death talk" you give to kids. ya know. the one where you tell them that "so-and-so is up in the sky with grandpa. you remember grandpa right? you know the one with the candy in his pockets. yeah.. him. no not really in the sky. but heaven. yes, heaven. no, i dont think all people go to heaven. i am sure all animals do. because they have good souls. i will tell you what a soul is another time. why? because i said so. ok its time for bed"

yeah. that one. but it was VERY one-sided. the girls (we have 2 girl cats) just kinda looked at me like i was crazy. i think our "oldest" understood because she has been through this before.

right.... so was it weird?

2 comments:

Miss Demon Seed said...

I love you sweetie. I'm glad that you got to spend time with your friend yesterday and I hope she has a wonderful birthday, she is a keeper. I don't think the talk you had with your babies was wrong. They love you even more now I'm sure. I know I do. You RAWK 100%.

Khali said...

I know about the 'death talk' thing with my kitties. I had to do that when I lost my Ziggy. Both my girl cats were quite upset without him, being their father and brother respectively. In the end I think they did more comforting than I did. ;)