Wednesday, September 22, 2004

let's go to luchenbach, texas with waylon, willie, and the boys

GOOTLAWD could i BE more HOMESICK?

i am so ready to move back to texas. and i'm not ready at the same time. i am sitting here listening to willie (nelson, DUR) and drinking Red Draws. "what the fuck is a Red Draw," you ask? lemme tell you. its so yum, you will thank me after i tell you. if you like beer and bloody marys. if not, then thank me anyway, because i am sharing a secret with you.

RED DRAW:
1 can beer (miller lite is great for this)
1/4 cup V8
1 tsp lemon juice
2 shakes salt
3 spanish olives (optional)
tabasco (also optional)

mix it all together in a glass and enjoy. my friend michelle and i used to sit around drinking these until we were silly. they originated in a bar in wichita falls, texas.

and i am just ready to be "home" i wanna eat brisket and elgin sausage. i wanna get shiner bock at EVERY single watering hole i patronize. i wanna hug my sweetie. i wanna see BIG belt buckles and tight jeans. i wanna go honky-tonkin with my honey. i wanna eat blue bell ice cream. i wanna see a texas sunset (the MOST beautiful you will EVER see.) i wanna see bluebonnets. i wanna hug my grandma. i wanna see the texas flag plastered on ANYTHING that will sit still. i wanna drink a REAL margarita. i wanna eat real TexMex. i wanna see armadillos and jack rabbits. i wanna be in texas. really bad.


anyone have any frequent flyer miles to spare for a good cause?

3 comments:

christelpistol said...

if you come sit in my lap, can we make out?


its almost "sweater" weather. ;)

nathanaelstacy1 said...

Bluebell's the best icecream in the country.

Miss Demon Seed said...

First of all, how much do I love that song! Second, I would gladly donate to the cause if you want to go see Eddie. You tell me where to send the check. Threed, it brakes my heart that you are moving so far away and I didn't get to see you enough anyway. Fourd, I'm so happy that you get to go HOME.