Wednesday, April 13, 2005

that damned allison

there are times when being a number can be really annoying. its the part where we all do the same thing because the other ones do it. and its not peer pressure. and its not because anyone feels we have to belong... its a damn compulsion. we cant help it. it just happens. sometimes i TRY not to do the stuff they do... and in the end i realize that resistance is futile. its gonna happen anyway.

take today for example. i read allie's blog and she has a list. and if you have been paying the tiniest SHRED of attention, you will know that we are WHORES for the list. especially ones about ourselves. because i love ME most. DUR.

even after i read allie's list, i got up to make my coffee.... and started my list in my head. DAMMIT!
see what i mean, we are no longer in control. there is a strange vortex that surrounds the numbers. and eventually, all of us will do "a thing". regardless.

so, defeated against the powers, here is my list

  1. since moving to amarillo i have become very habitual.
  2. i only used boiled water for my coffee
  3. because amarillo water is so bad.
  4. and i put the water on to boil the same time as i start my coffee to brew, so that at night i already have cooled, boiled water.
  5. i do my dishes everyday.
  6. i didn't used to.
  7. i try to make my bed everyday, but sometimes there is still a Husband body in it.
  8. i start my new job today!
  9. its a temporary means to an end, so i'm not going to tell you what it is.
  10. sure, i'll let you THINK its street-walking.
  11. makes me seems more scandalous.
  12. i have been in amarillo for exactly 6 weeks.
  13. and i really miss my friends from SC.
  14. like really a lot.
  15. i wish i could just clap my hands and be in SC hugging my momma.
  16. next weekend i will be hugging my brother and father.
  17. i haven't seen my brother in 3 years.
  18. he is a fast runnin white boy.
  19. he is tall and cute too.
  20. he gets the cute from me.
  21. we don't know where he got the tall from.
  22. i also get to hug my Ang this weekend too.
  23. and her 4 monkeys.
  24. i want monkeys of my own.
  25. i wanna be like allie and have 300 nail polishes.
  26. and 123 lip glosses.
  27. this list is really boring.
  28. but i had no choice.
  29. and finally, i just bought a fish who i still nameless. i am taking suggestions.

so there it is. my list. its hard to come up with stuff i haven't already listed before. maybe i need to go do more shit.

moo, y'all.

No comments: