Monday, January 24, 2005

i hab a code id by dose

i am allergic to dust. so, i don't dust. i have a wonderful husband for doing that sort of thing.
but he doesn't live here right now. and i have to pack up this house to move it to where he is, so that means i get to play in the dust. fucking yay.

wednesday i packed up as many boxes as my eyes, nose, and throat would allow. which came to the grand total of.... 4. but since then, i had been sneezy. until yesterday. my throat started to hurt, and my sinuses swole (i love that word) up and i generally didn't feel well. and since i have a sensitivity to about 99.3% of the OTC meds, i usually let my ailments run their course.

which meant, i was a human snot factory. (if only there was something productive that could be done with it)
and didn't sleep well, nor have i felt well all day. i have been sniffing on a natural remedy pack i have that has little beads with lemongrass, eucalyptus, and peppermint oils. that helped until both nostrils decided to close up shop.

i was a knuckle-dragging, cousin loving
MOUTH BREATHER.
(or thats what i felt i looked like)
i hate being a mouth breather.
i went to the drugstore after getting off work (FINALLY) and bought some nasal spray, mentholatum, and cough drops. (basically the only things i can take for this sinus crap)
as i am being rung up, i am trying to open the nasal spray.

i took it out of the box.
i peeled off the shrink wrap tamper-evident sleeve in 3 tries.
i twisted off the little plastic cap on the top.
i clicked my heels three times.
i barked like a dog and did my ALOHOMORA spell
and i finally got the nasal spray ready for firing. (i am still in the drugstore, mind you)

HOLY POST NASAL DRIP, SNOTMAN!

i swore i snorted fire.
and my right eye started watering.
and i felt a sharp pain in my left collarbone.
and when did i leave an ice pick in my occipital lobe?

BUT I COULD BREATHE!!!!

i took a big sniff of air as i got outside and nearly inhaled a hummingbird.
and the little beavers that were inside my sinus cavity, went on strike, and what was once a dam, is now a flood.

BUT I COULD BREATHE!!!!

so now i am home. and reek of menthol. lets just hope this breathing thing lasts. otherwise, i may have to resort back to being a mouth-breather. at least i am geographically ok for that.

5 comments:

Allie said...

i love a good snot story!

christelpistol said...

good, because i got enough snot for a BOOK!

christelpistol said...

i just took my second hit of this nasal spray. and by nasal spray i mean shark piss and razor blades.



this stuff is LEGAL?
make the burning stop please. please?






oh, what's that? a full breath of air through my nose? but the burning.....

christelpistol said...

my other brother, Z, said i could have saved myself $2.50 by just getting a Bic lighter and snorting the flames up my nose.


it would have felt the same, at least.

Miss Demon Seed said...

It tastes like burning-is my all time favorite line from The Simpsons. BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHA