Thursday, March 10, 2005

can i have a do-over?

as i was leaving my house today, to go to the bank, some JACKASS decided that road rules didn't apply to him and since i was considered "oncoming traffic" that i should STOP for him. and by this i mean, some FUCKTARD didn't see me and WHIPPED into a parking lot RIGHT in FRONT of me, causing me to not only slam on my brakes, but fishtail in the middle of the road, and have everything that could fly forward in my truck to launch from safety. and i missed him by an inch. no lie.

as i was stopped in the road, i was trying to figure out if he was going to get out of his car and see if i was ok... but all he did, while i was giving him the "what in THE hell did you think YOU were doing" look, he just shrugs. as if to imply, "sorry....... but you lived. no harm.. no foul."

i drove off with every ounce of adrenaline dumped into my blood stream and shakily drove myself to the bank.

after i left the bank, i headed to CVS and then to get gas.

and that is where i paid nearly 2 dollars a gallon for gas.

now correct me if i am wrong, but i live in Texas, right? don't we make our OWN gas here? what the hell else are those oil rigs doing besides dotting the landscape?
i put in $10 and the gas gauge LAUGHED at me.

as i was leaving the gas station, i reached for one of the hundred things that were now on the floor and gouged myself in the hip with my seatbelt.

so i called allie to complain. i got voicemail. and i did just that, i complained to her voicemail.

i called my old boss, you know, the Original Jackass... and ask if he had sent my LAST paycheck. he informed me that he will send it "tomorrow". meanwhile i have been checking the mailbox everyday looking for some spending money.

i got to the restaurant and got out of my truck... and locked my keys inside. i mean, OF COURSE i did.
i pulled the spare out of my purse, because i am "THAT GIRL", got my real keys and went inside to get my salad i had been wanting since i woke up this morning. i mean, i Googled all salad bars in amarillo and this one has a potato and soup bar too! because i have been on a monster salad bar kick lately. its healthy, right?

i made it home without issue, except for the newspapers flying out of the back of my truck. i can just see myself getting pulled over for littering. it would have happened today.

my salad was great. not the greatest.... but it did its job.

now its 8:21 pm and i got a whole lotta night still left. think i can manage to NOT destroy myself before i go to sleep? let's hope.







BUT, the good points of my day.

  1. 2 separate "good ole boys" held the doors for me at the bank. yay Texas!
  2. they had Burt's Bees at CVS. yay lips!
  3. the hair color i bought was on sale. yay new hair!
  4. this is my new hair color! YAY!
  5. i have plenty of shiner beers to keep me satisfied for the night. yay beer.
  6. and i am going to play my new video game until the wee hours of the morning. yay games!

so. today had its ups and downs.

freaking moo.

No comments: