Sunday, December 12, 2004

things i have realized:

  1. all of my friends are funnier than me.
  2. all of my friends have better racks than me. (including the one i "bought" for Special K)
  3. all of my friends "get me" and then go one level beyond that.
  4. i need to subscribe to a "word of the day" mailing list, because i use ordinary words. when is the last time you heard someone say "counter-intuitive"?
  5. even though my friends are funnier than me, i am that girl who just says any ole thing that comes to her head... therefore making me more fun at parties.

so its not a great list, but new year's resolution time is coming up... and i now have a jump on everyone else. too bad i cant do anything about the "funnier than me" part.

i do like making people laugh, though. i even had a woman ask me if was in "acting" the other night while standing in line to use the Ladies. she even told me i was funny and asked if i had ever considered doing Stand-Up. the answer to that is YES! i would love to stand up in front of hundreds of people and make them laugh until the audience sounded like a bagpipe when you step on it. but i am funnier in a group. i need to feed off someone or something. i think they call that situational humor. ask any of my girlfriends from the mountain trip a few weeks ago. i was the one liner girl. i even got this phone call on the way home, "hey, what was that really funny thing you said?" right... they all were (in my book).

i especially love making one of my friends laugh so hard that she says this: (out of breath and still laughing) "Shut..................THE......................FUCK.........................Up!" i LOVE that. because she is one of those people that saves the F bomb for really special stuff. so if i can get her to say it while clutching her sides, i am golden. golden, i tell you.

so. if anyone can some up with a way for me to be amongst a group of my favorite people and be funny and make a living doing it, then HOLLA!

7 comments:

tinyhands said...

Things I have realized:
-Christel is the comment-fairy, and she's been busting her ass lately.

Miss Demon Seed said...

If I had a whole mess of money I would pay you big bucks just to follow me around and be funny. Hell, I would pay you the big bucks just to be in the same state I'm in. I love you girl!

Allie said...

db - can i have some of that money just cause?

and you are funnier than me - so ... now i'm confused! :)

Tasty said...

Yes, Christel really, really does make me laugh that hard. I can't wait to be with the comment-fairy in person again. I am SO had too many beers.

P.S. Thanks for the txt msg last night, sweetie.

se7en said...

Hmmm, doen't that just make your whole day when a stranger gives you a compliment. One night I walked into a bar and there was a lady sitting at the far end of the bar. I had seen her there many times but we never really talked, we hung out with a different crowd. As I walked in she beckoned to me with her finger, so I walked over and said:

"Hi whats up?"
"Nothing really, I just wanted to see if I could make you come with one finger" she says with a big smile and a wink.

You could have knocked me down with a feather, and I think it was also the best ever sideways compliment I have ever received. No we didn't end up together that night but we did about a week later. And it was worth the wait too!

oh and counter-intuitive hmmmm anti-intuition?

tinyhands said...

Two more things I've realized:
-It's going to be another 29 days before Christel blogs,
-Lucky 7 hangs out in the coolest bars!

christelpistol said...

YAY for new commenters.

i got new friends.

the world is mine for the taking.