Thursday, December 23, 2004

december 23rd

my mom called me the other day and left me voicemail. on it, she was singing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" at the TOP of her lungs. she then proceeded to tell me that "the Christmas Spirit has jumped up and bitten her on the ass and won't let go"

now that, my dear friends, is funny.
because
A: my mom doesn't have the greatest singing voice (she says its worse than it really is)
B: its total silliness
and 3rd: i picture Forrest Gump when he got shot in the ass and says, "sumthing biiiiit meee"


but my dilemma is this:
I NEED THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT TO BITE ME, TOO.

i haven't really even BEGUN my shopping, much less wrapping... i know i am a procrastinator, but something about this christmas has me dragging my feet. maybe its that Husband isn't here?
maybe it's that last year was SOOOOO shitty, i keep expecting something terrible to happen, so i'm on my guard.
maybe it's that my ass is impenetrable to the bite of the Christmas spirit. (eggnog will do that to ya........i think its kinda like whiskey dick)

maybe it's..... hell i dont know. but i DO know it makes christelmas shopping very difficult.

and since i have been whiny in this post, i think it is time i bring back the "list of 3 meaningful things"
it can't hurt, right?

  1. i will pick up my husband up from the airport in less than 36 hours.
  2. i have a brand spanking new neice.
  3. Christelmas is in 2 days and i will be sitting in front of a fireplace with my family.

so take from this post what you will....

and if you have any extra christelmas spirit, please send it to me.

4 comments:

Allie said...

ok so i feel the same way about the holiday this year - but here are my 3 things

1. i will be sitting by the fire with my parents and my dog watching "meet me in st. louis" tomorrow night

2. i have amazing friends

3. you love me best!

christelpistol said...

SHUT UP, i DO love you best.
how did i almost forget?

se7en said...

Bitchcakes!lol Christel that's cute of your Mom!

and I like your little signoff play...christelmas!!!


a
punkin
cowboy
seven

christelpistol said...

seven: i made a shirt for myself in high school that said Merry Christelmas on it... and since then, that is the holiday we celebrate.

and since my birthday is ALSO in december.... we have the 12 Days Of Christel, too.


yeah, i'm spoiled. but i am SO worth it.

hell, i have celebrated my birthday 5 times already this month... and we arent done yet! YAY ME!