Thursday, October 07, 2004

8 days

8 days.
8 days.
it's only 8 days till i see my husband!

in 8 days i get to hug him, squeeze him, kiss him, touch him and look at him. i can breathe the same air, i can hold his hand, i can occupy the same space as him. i CANNOT wait. i just want to crawl into his skin. 8 DAYS!

i have missed him more in the past week, than i have any other time. partly because i have an independent streak as big as the mississippi river. and partly because i was pacing myself. no good doing all my missing when he first leaves. better to miss him TONS right before i get to see him, then i get the gratification sooner. or some shit.

fact is: i miss him, but only for 8 more days.

also, i have realized that i eat like a bachelor when he isn't here. m&m's for dinner are ok, right? macaroni and cheese for breakfast is fine, right? chicken pot pie and ramen are acceptable lunch foods, right? provided i even eat at all. i have lost 10 pounds since he has been gone. i have also managed to set aside nearly $300. i am saving my tip money instead of feeding the 2 of us. who knew we spent that much money on food? but i put the money to good use. i bought tickets to my 10 year high school reunion for myself, my husband, A, and her husband. aint i nice? i like to think so. at the same time, i just spent nearly $300 to go see people i haven't kept in touch with for 10 years. why do i have to pay cash-money to see people i forgot i hated? OOOOOOH, that's right... to laugh in their faces. DUR!

i'm very excited. and nervous. and skeptical. what if it's all dorks who go to this thing? and we have to hang out with the band fags all night? (no offense to anyone who was ever IN band, dated anyone in band, was friends with anyone in band or related to anyone in band. its just an expression)

so as i was saying, before i so rudely interrupted myself....
i am curious. that's a better word. yes, curious.

but i still get to see my husband in 8 days. i don't even need to take off my shoes to count that high!

yay!

2 comments:

Miss Demon Seed said...

I'm so glad that you Joey get to see each other soon.

P.S. I haven't went to any of my high school reunions because I'm afraid that I'll hurt someone.

christelpistol said...

yeah, you probably WOULD kill someone. i just want to go and get it over and done with. A is going reluctantly. but since i had tickets in hand.. i knew she couldnt say no.