Monday, December 05, 2005

in a word....

ROTTEN.


as in, "christel is spoiled ROTTEN."


wanna know why?





on the morning of my birthday, i finally got to open the james avery package that my parents sent . i had been DYING to get into it for about a week. i knew it was going to be something fabulous... and really wanted to see what it was. so, before i even got in the shower that morning, i tore into it. what did i find?

a GORGEOUS RING!!!!!
it looks a lot, if not exactly like this:























beautiful, no?

i KNOW!

so i wore it to work and showed it off and kept checking it out in the track lighting. it is so pretty. i adore it! thanks mom and dad. i love you!


on my way home, E called to inform me that the gift he had for me (that he paid EXTRA to have delivered on saturday) would not be here until monday. he was bummed. i was bummed. but we had a magnificent dinner, and went shopping for our christmas tree.


cut to today. i am off work. sitting on the couch in my PJs, knitting (because i am a KNITTER) and the doorbell rings. we are expecting several packages. our new computer case, some cables, and a router for said computer and MOST importantly (at least to me) my SUPER FANTASTIC THING.... that i have had to wait 2 more days for.

the guy gives me the box for the case.. and then a smaller box.
i go pounce on my sleeping husband BEGGING him to let me open the box. he told me to wait until he got up. i told him i had waited long enough.
i took the box into the bedroom and he tells me "its probably just the router"


as i dig into the box, i find bubble wrap and a smaller box. a jewelry sized box. i can hardly contain myself. 2 jewelries for my birthday, YAY!

i open the box. and the velvet box... and inside was this:












no, i am NOT lying. and its even more spectacular than the picture shows. this sucker is HUGE!!!! it has to be at least 2 carats. and 6 diamonds on each side.

its BREATH-TAKING.
thank you so very much my sweet husband. i love you too!


so, i not only have a beautiful blue topaz to wear for EVERYDAY, i now have another one to wear for special occasions. you know, like Tuesdays.... or International Talk Like A Pirate Day.


last, but not least, i got a really cute coffee cup clock and coffee box from my aunt, sweet little initial hooks from my grandmother, which will be PERFECT for hanging stockings for The Fat Man. and from my floridian family, i got a huge metal sign that reads, "QUEEN"

fitting, no?

and from work, i got flowers and cake and whistles, and gifties, and several mentions on the radio.


so, thank you to all of you who made my day so very very special. i am such a lucky girl.

No comments: