Tuesday, November 29, 2005

hi! hi! hi!

i'm back. did you miss me? i know you DID!!!!!

vacay was FABULOUS! got to see all my peeps and my family and my doggie. it was perfect. we had the best time.

the turkey was the best i'd ever had... and am SO upset that i don't even get any of the turkey sandwiches, but the shining light is that since E didn't go with me, we are going to have our very own lil thanksgiving. so i get to make the same turkey momma did. Y-U-M!

seeing all my peeps was great. the one main sentiment i heard was about how long my hair has gotten. i forgot that when i started hanging out with those freaks, i had just cut off 14 inches for Locks of Love so the fact that my hair is on it way back to "normal for me" was not a big deal. but they adored my tresses... and really, who can blame them?

we ate and laughed and drank big beers and ate some more and laughed some more. and then the HUGGING!!!! good lawd the hugging. i miss all you Peeps already. we will do it again soon.

and then my family! yay family! it was so nice to be able to see my family again in such a relatively short time. i could get used to those visitation rights. the mommie and daddie were both fantastic! and seeing my other one baby brother was nice too. i cant believe he is going to be 21 soon. am i really that old to have a "brother who can legally buy beer"? yeah, i didn't think so either. but he and i had fun. mostly on our trips to wal*mart. yes, we are those obnoxious people at wal*mart who run around like banshees! you never know, we could be coming to wal*mart near you!

so i ate and drank and laughed and taught my momma how to knit ( i mean REALLY???? how cute is that?!?!?!) we ate some more and had an all around awesome time.

the only bad part about the whole thing was my husband who was unable to stow himself in my luggage. i kept hoping that with each pair of socks i removed, he would spring out and surprise me... alas, no. but next time i head back, it will read, "we went back to SC" not just "i".

and as for thanksgiving, i am thankful for many things.
i am thankful for my wonderful friends and family.
i am thankful for second chances.
i am thankful for honesty.
and i am thankful for my new husband and the opportunity to be a new wife. the people we were before just didn't fit right. the new people we are now are a perfect fit.

i hope your holiday was and will be one filled with as much love and happiness as mine was.

No comments: